Hotel Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa *****
The resort was about 20 minutes from the Cancun airport
Reception and welcome: Reception was big and full on helpful people. When you had xhale package, then you had a special reception. We had that one. We liked the reception very much, we had to sit down in a table and the staff automatically checked us in, while we were sipping some sparkling wine and eating refreshments. The reception area was one story down in an excluded hall, which was nice.
Welcome drink: Yes, there is a huge variety of drinks, including refreshments and different foods. When you don´t have the xhale club, then you were only offered sparkling wine while checking in.
Free upgrade: No, asked, but had to pay.
Valet and parking: I think so, although we booked a transfer (Happy Shuttle, about 60 $) from the airport and to the airport.
Sparkling wine: Of course! You can have anything you want at breakfast, firstly, because it is all included and secondly, the drink table is full of different drinks.
Hot meal: Yes.
In general: For breakfast you can get whatever you want, I mean, whatever. The food is great!
In general: I loved the rooms, we had great views and the room itself was so big, with bathroom area, bedroom area and living room area, in addition we had a big balcony with a Jacuzzi. The room was very clean and modern, I liked that it had this small box inside the wall, which is used for the room service, so the staff does not have to knock on the door, but can just put the stuff ordered from the room service straight there.
Room type: xhale club Junior Suite Ocean View – http://www.breathlessresorts.com/riviera-cancun/luxury-accommodations.
iPhone dock: I think there was, there was also additional tablet/iPad-related-device, which you could use for almost everything, starting from information about the resorts, time-tables for every day, room service, booking options for different services etc.
Blanket and the blanket case: Yes and yes.
Amenities and bathroom: I liked the bathroom a lot, the walk-in shower was so big and nice. Amenities were great, there was everything you could ask for.
Shower curtain? No, huge shower room.
Are the TV speakers in the bathroom too? No.
Bath salt and bath: Jacuzzi in the balcony and yes, there was bath salt, actually, it was bath caviar, so cute!
Slippers and robe: Yes and yes.
Free WI-FI: Yes.
Air conditioning: Yes.
Afternoon service: Yes, also small surprises in the room as well.
Hotel area (spa, dinner etc)
As one can know, that hotel areas in Mexico are usually huge. In this hotel, there were three big pool areas: one is party pool, the other is all activities pool and third is exclusive xhale club pool. All those pools were separated by hotel buildings.
The hotel is adult only.
Pool areas – they were very nice, it was a little loud at the party pool, but what did you expect? In addition, the water was warm in every pool and the service next to pools was great. Many bars in the pools in addition to bars outside. I liked the sofabeds in the pools as well, where you could relax.
In addition, there was this foam party in one pool, I think this goes on every week, which was so cool, great music, lots of drinks and great dancers! 😉
Beach area – very nice and clean!
Buffet dinner – was not as nice as the restaurants, the food was amazing in the restaurants. Also the restaurants themselves looked so beautiful, loved those.
Night life – well, there was a party every night, also the shows were pretty cool. But there were lots of couples, so there was little point for singles. Although we did meet a lot of cool people.
So, what is included with Unlimited-Luxury®?
At Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, these amenities include:
- Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required
- Unlimited beer, wine and international and domestic top-shelf spirits
- Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- 24-hour room and concierge services
- Pool and beach wait service
- Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water and beer
- Daily maid service
- Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment
- Thrilling Party calendar, theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues
- No wristbands required
- All taxes and gratuities included
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows you to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more
We had xhale rooms, which included the following:
- Personalized check-in and check-out with concierge service
- xhale status and amenities
- Private xhale club lounge
- Private xhale club pool and Jacuzzi
- Upgraded bath amenities
- Pillow menu
- Radio alarm clock
- Upgraded mini-bar and room service menu
- Daily continental breakfast service in the lounges
- Pool concierge & bar service
- Afternoon hot and cold hors d’oeuvres; exquisite desserts & fine liquors in the lounges
- Complimentary newspaper in room every day upon request
- Private restaurant for xhale club members for breakfast and lunch
- Balcony with Whirlpool(except for swimout suites)
Location: About 20 from Cancun airport, you can easily go for a night out in Cancun.
I visited: February 2017.
Would I go again? Oh yes.
Value of money: Good.
Purpose of the trip: Vacation.
Nights: 7 nights.
Luxury: 10 out of 10.
Drive through: 10 out of 10.
Rooms (sorry about the collage pictures, I have only those in my computer left):