I started to travel with my family since I can remember. At first we travelled in Europe every summer and after we discovered Egypt and Turkey. In a while we got sick of travelling to one place all the time, though my parents still tell me that we should go to Egypt in winter, because it´s always warm and the flight there takes about 4 hours.
But we are against it! We want to discover new places. Well, now you know that we always travel together, me, my sister and my parents.
Every summer me and my family visit Europe by car, which means that there´s lots of planning. Every winter we visit some place really warm, our last favourite is the Caribbean Sea. And of course, it is a rule to take a skiing vacation, which we always take in March.
Since the hotels age quite quickly I´ll start from the latest and I think I will not talk about the hotels in Egypt and in Turkey, I´ve been there too many times, but the last trip was over 7 years ago, so I think the hotels are not that good anymore.
What else do you want to know about me?
Something I wrote about me in post called One Lovely Blog Award:
7 Facts About Me:
1. I’m really obsessed about taking pictures the right way. My family and friends hate that, nobody wants to take a picture of me, because I’m never satisfied and they end up doing like lots and lots of pictures of me till I’m like, oh, it’s OK. You know, I think I’m like an expert in taking pictures the right way and with the right composition. Of course, the pictures I take myself are quite questionable, but that doesn’t get in the way on whining on others and having a great opinion about my skills.
2. I’m this weird germaphobe. Nope, I don’t have this kind of a disease. But I cannot drink or eat from the dishes at my friends’ place or my family’s, when I know that they haven’t washed the dishes in the dishwasher. I’m always scared that they are dirty (the dishes I mean), though I have no problem in eating in the restaurants, I just assume (because I haven’t seen) that they’re clean. The same thing goes to drinking or eating with the same dish as someone else does. But I can do it, again when I haven’t seen that someone has eaten or drank from the same dish. I get picked on about it a lot from my friends, family is starting to accept it. And to think of it, same for my friends, lately they have disposable dishes for me. 🙂 But I do have to say that I hate wasting, I’m not a real environmentalist, but I really hate wasting. I just think that you can use some of the things more efficiently and I do care about nature.
3. I’m actually a really, really shy person. I can talk in the net like in FB and Whatsapp, Skype, but I’m shy talking to people in public. Haha, I made this FB page to my blog and I’m kind of scared to promote or like it in my own FB page, because I’m quite shy about telling about this blog to my friends. But I am proud of it, anonymously of course. How stupid is that? 🙂
4. I really, really hate when people don’t write correctly, I immediately think quite bad thoughts when I see misspelling. Now, I TRY a lot not to do the same mistakes myself.
5. I can actually be really brave and bold. OK, OK, going into a haunted house in Universal Studios doesn’t really count as brave, but still! My sister has always been this bold one and she insisted that we go to the haunted house. It was really, really scary. Well, I was terrified, like really terrified. Just to let you know I had been sleeping with a night light till I was like.. Well, I’m not telling you my age, but I stopped doing that like a year ago. Why the night light? I was scared of monsters and ghosts etc. 🙂 But in that haunted house, my sister got scared shitless, as was I! But I gathered myself, took her behind me, so she only had her arms around me and eyes closed and I safely made us out of there alive!
6. I hate washing my hair alone. Yap, I’m weird! I have really long hair, so it always takes ages washing them. So one of the reasons I like open bathrooms in the hotels, is that I can talk with my sister or watch TV while washing my hair.
7. I’m actually quite helpful and I feel for people a lot. Even when I really, really dislike someone, I feel sorry for her or him when something bad happens and I always try to help everyone as much as I can. I really believe that you get what you give and everyone deserves to be happy and careless.
And of course, a little extra: I really, really like my champagne and wine. May-be you have already seen from the pictures, may-be not, because I try to take pictures with a glass in my hands less and less. I doesn’t always work!
Are you a snob?
Do you hate to pay for the hotels more than they are worth?
Are you the one who always checks the hotel from TripAdvisor and everywhere else?
Do you just hate, when you get to the room and see that, wtf, this is not what I wanted or even imagined from the pictures or the stories of the hotel that were promised by the hotels?
Well I am. I am so sick in being disappointed in some of the hotels. So this is my blog about the hotels I have visited and what I felt about them.
I travel quite a lot, well if you call a lot taking three vacations in a year. OK, OK, I know that there are a lot of these kind of people, I´m not unique in that way, but still, I´d like to think I travel much, I just love travelling, I love to arrange holidays and pick the hotels etc.
In the last years it is too difficult to find any great hotels. May-be I´m just getting too snobby? Hope not, then again, you never know… 🙂
A lot of the hotels are a bit overpriced and not really like what it is supposed to look like in the pictures provided by the hotel. Also, when you want that superluxury hotel, all the reviews say that it´s great etc, hotel webpage says it´s luxury… and then you get there and you´re like… whaaat?? It happens to me quite a bit. So may-be why I do this blog is that:
- I could give you the information and advice, so you could make up your mind, which hotel to choose;
- You could give me some information about the hotels I´m trying to choose;
- And of course, to find some hidden gems, the hotels I haven´t even heard about but are just too good to be real.
I know everyone has their own opinions, so I don´t want to be hurting anyone, it is just MY and MY opinion only.
And when you see that some of the hotels have had great reviews from me, but when you look at the pictures, you don´t understand why I have that opinion. May-be in that case the people from these hotels have left a really great impression or are so studious and friendly. But of that I´m going to write to you as well. 🙂
I´ll also make a diss list, so you could see which hotels I´d never recommend.
Happy sobbing and hope you like it!
P.S. Please forgive me my English, it is not my first language.
What others have said about SnobHotel?
1) lisettek‘s blog, SnobHotel, where she rates the best hotels in the most amazing places in the world. Seriously, she travels to these insane places and stays in these luxurious hotels which she reviews. It makes me want to change my career to whatever she’s doing. So want vacation ideas? Hit SnobHotel up.
Check out lisettek’s blog (snobhotel.com) to read about her travels around the world and her hotel reviews. In fact, check them out before you go on Trip Advisor the next time you plan a vacation abroad.
Lisettek has a blog called, Snobhotel . Snobhotel is more than just reading a blog. It is an experience. When you visit there, it is stepping into parts of the world and experiencing them through the words and pictures of Lisettek. Allowing you to travel to places you may never see without her. She writes of her travels around the world, giving reviews on various luxury hotels and the area, and provides websites for each one. Anything and everything you could need if you were to decide to travel to the area. It is so well put together and visually stunning. I so enjoy visiting this blog, as I may never see these places, but through her. Her blog is lovely and she is lovelier. One visit to Snobhotel, and you will soon be a return customer. Thank you Lisettek for your nomination.